Furman F1500-UPS E 1500Va 2RU Rack Mount Ups
- Surge Protection
- Furman’s exclusive SMP technology provides the highest level of surge & spike protection available.
- Noise Filtration
- LiFT offers AC power filtering to ensure clean power for unequaled audio & video clarity.
- Voltage Protection
- Advanced EVS circuitry detects dangerous voltage irregularities and safely powers down itself and connected equipment in unsafe conditions.
- Diagnostic Indicators
- Digital indicators provide information on power quality and operational status of unit.
- Battery Backup
- 1500VA true sine wave battery backup protects your data in a power failure allowing the opportunity to save your applications, programs, and shut-down the system gracefully .
- Critical Load Management
- Critical Load Management prioritizes the allocation of temporary power to connected equipment.
- Infrared Control
- Dual Learning IR Blasters allow safe shutdown of remote components.
- BlueBOLT® Compatible
- BlueBOLT® TCP/IP interface provides remote control to reboot components, power equipment on or off, and monitor power quality from anywhere in the world.
- Custom Programming
- Custom programming provides control of unit via RS-232 card (included) or optional TCP/IP interface card (sold separately)
- 12 AMP Rating
- 12 Amp rating featuring a circuit breaker for added protection.
- Eight Total Outlets
- Eight total outlets rear outlets in isolated banks (Critical and Non-Critical loads).
- Standard Voltage Regulation
- Standard level automatic voltage regulation (AVR) delivers a stable 120 volts of AC power to protect equipment from problems caused by AC line voltage irregularities.
- Power Control Software
- Easy to use power control software assists you in maximizing the performance of your UPS.
- Optional Battery Extension Pack
- External battery packs (sold separately) are available and may be daisy-chained to the F1500-UPS increase battery capacity.
Uninterruptible power supply - battery backup / power conditioner. 2RU, AVR, RS-232 & USB Interface; BlueBOLT compatible.
The Furman F1500-UPS battery backup is designed exclusively for audio/video professionals and home theater aficionados.
For decades, traditional audio/video components were simple analog devices designed to easily weather power outages of well over two seconds. Later, as computer and microprocessor based components gained in popularity, their extraordinary sensitivity to even a fraction of a second’s power loss was managed with traditional UPS (uninterruptible power supply) technology.
Unfortunately, these units were solely designed for the I.T. professional. Though they included many technologies and features appropriate to that application, they fell short for premium audio/video components. Though many of these manufacturers later recognized the ever-emerging professional audio/video, broadcast, and home theater market, their lack of experience led merely to a re-tooled chassis. These hastily produced UPS devices lacked the technologies necessary to truly optimize protection, performance, and control for today’s audio video components.
The Furman F1500-UPS more than fills this void, and offers your system unparalleled battery back-up technology, created from the ground up to meet the exacting demands of the world’s most sensitive audio, video and control systems!
Typical UPS systems feature antiquated surge suppression technologies that can cause as much damage and annoying lock-ups as they attempt to prevent. Only Furman offers battery back-up with our road-proven SMP non-sacrificial, zero ground contamination surge suppression technology and EVS Extreme Voltage Shutdown. After all, the most robust battery cannot function if the accompanying circuits are damaged. With Furman’s F1500-UPS, you can expect years of trouble free operation.
Though many control devices are relatively immune to moderate levels of AC line noise, today’s more sensitive devices (such as DLP projectors and line-level signal processors) certainly are not. High-definition technologies have pushed resolution to levels so extreme that virtually any AC noise capable of coupling with your system’s signal will distort, mask, or destroy the performance advantages we all strive so hard to capture and reproduce. Once again, the F1500-UPS is different. While other UPS devices feature AC line filters suitable for an IT closet, only Furman employs our exclusive Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT) to four discrete isolated outlet banks. This advanced noise filtering technology assures that today’s ultra-wide dynamic range is maintained as it must be – pristine. Remember, less AC noise equals greater content, greater resolution, and higher definition.
True Sine Wave Output
The F1500-UPS provides True Sine Wave output when in battery backup mode, ensuring the utmost reliability to all connected equipment while running on battery power.
At 1500VA, the F1500-UPS provides substantial backup time for most critical digital A/V components (see runtime chart). If more runtime is needed, 1500VA battery packs (BATT1500E-EXT) may be daisy chained to double, triple, and further increase runtime as the application demands.
Programmability & Control
Audio/video systems can vary greatly in their size and components, and as such, flexibility is needed in determining how a battery backup solution should function under different circumstances. Because of this, Furman has provided open source RS-232 control over four independent AC outlet banks, with a wide range of features to interface with an existing control unit. Dual programmable IR control allows the unit to send a shut down command to remote components in the event of a blackout – no more expensive projector bulbs to replace in the event of a blackout. Optional TCP/IP control (separate interface card, available Q4), offers remote control over any Internet connection via a truly plug-and-play, hosted, web-based graphical user interface, with full remote control and power monitoring functionality.
* As with any battery back up system, the battery pack must be replaced periodically (2.5 to 3 years typically)
Typical Backup Components
Given the nature of battery backup technology, high-current audio and video components such as power amplifiers, powered subwoofers, and high-wattage displays are not recommended for use with the F1500-UPS. Not only will these components drain battery power quite rapidly, line impedance will be raised due to the F1500-UPS’s (or any) AVR and AC to DC inverter, which can induce current compression and noticeably diminish performance with high-current A/V equipment. The following components are ideal for use with the F1500-UPS:
- Satellite Receivers
- Cable Boxes
- Digital Video Recorders
- Media Servers
- External Hard Drives
- Digital Mixing Consoles
- Lamp Based Video Displays
- Control Systems
For power management of other components, Furman recommends Classic or Prestige Series Power Conditioners. For high-current components such as power amplifiers and powered subwoofers, solutions featuring Furman’s exclusive Power Factor Technology are ideal.
Approximate Run Time, 1500VA **
- Satellite Reciever or Cable Box = 80 Minutes
- Control System + Media Server = 40 Minutes
- Digital Mixing Console (24 channel) = 20 minutes
- DAW Computer + Digital I/O + External Hard Drive + 24” LCD Monitor = 7 minutes
** These run times should be used as a guideline only and are dependant ondevice and usage.
Pro Audio Systems have teamed up with PayPal Credit to offer you interest free finance over 4 months on purchases over £99.
A 0% interest offer you can use again and again.
At Pro Audio Systems, great service is always part of the deal. If you’re lucky enough to live close enough to visit us here in Bradford then we’d love to see you in person but if you’re a bit further away we never let the distance stand in the way of us doing what we do best!
Not only do we stock a fantastic range of microphones, loudspeakers and amplifiers, we provide unrivalled customer care, advice and technical assistance to our customers. If you need some advice on any of our products or services – we’re here to help. If you need something quickly – we’re here to help. If you need hard-to-find specialist items, custom-made pieces, pointers on how to connect this to that – we’re here to help. We work really hard to be the kind of people we would like to buy from, and this level of service is often hard to find via impersonal and anonymous e:commerce sites.
One of our sales team will take personal responsibility for your order, from original contact to dispatch. They will help to spec the right equipment, process the order, where necessary place and chase orders with suppliers, and oversee the dispatch of goods. If you have a question at any time, pre or post sale, you can reach your dedicated contact who will be happy to help. We’ll also contact you by email or telephone, as many times as necessary, to ensure that you are kept informed every step of the way.
With specialists in PA Systems, Pro Audio & Live Sound equipment on hand to answer calls and emails, you're in the best possible hands. Contact us now to discuss your requirements or to request a quotation. Purchase orders can be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org