Neumann KH 120 A W
KH 120 A G
Powerful compact bi-amplified studio monitor with superb impulse response and resolution.
Compact bi-amplified studio monitor with a high efficiency
Exceptional bass depth and transient response from 52 to 21k Hz
Precise dispersion, optimized for near-field applications
As a stereo system with KH 750 DSP and iPad® app, controllable and alignable to the room
The KH 120 is Neumann's trailblazer model and development yardstick for compact studio monitors. It has been a reference class for close-range monitoring since 2011. Enormous power reserves meet high-precision sound conduction. The result: Maximum signal fidelity and distinctly contoured transients across the entire, neutrally designed frequency response. This enables you to precisely control tonal depth, spatial image and even the smallest details in the mix.
The KH 120 is a two-way bi-amplified monitor with thermally protected class-AB amplifiers (80 W each). Just like the drivers, its Mathematically Modeled Dispersion™ (MMD™) waveguide is calculated with an optimal level of precision. Sound distributed in a horizontally precise manner ensures flexibility in the listening position; the narrower vertical dispersion reduces the negative effects of nearby reflections – for example from a desk or mixing console. The finely controlled dispersion characteristics optimize reproduction in even the most varied of room configurations.
BEST WORKING ENVIRONMENT: CLOSE TO PROFESSIONAL EARS
The KH 120 is typically used in near-field applications such as project, music, broadcast and post-production studios for recording, mixing and mastering. It it also available as a digital input “D” version.
PORTS AND HIGH DYNAMICS: NO LONGER A CONTRADICTION
With its digital switched-mode power supply and bi-amplification, the KH 120 realizes sound pressure of up to 111.1 dB and in doing so, retains a high-resolution and neutral representation across the entire frequency response. This provides sufficient energy for maximum dynamics without distortion and losses. As a result, the bass goes down to impressive 52 Hz. Despite using ports, there is no “overhang” in the bass response. The transient response remains well in control. The optimized design of the drivers delivers clean sound right down to the lowest parts of the 50 Hz region. This rich foundation offers enough room to work cleanly on the mix without the necessity for a supplementary subwoofer. In the demanding treble range, the specially developed, powerful alloy fabric dome ensures distortion-free reproduction.
THE PERFECT COMPLEMENT: THE KH 750 DSP SUBWOOFER
In addition to its outstanding acoustic characteristics this DSP-based subwoofer not only offers excellent acoustic properties, but - in combination with the Neumann.Control iPad® app - it also provides the possibility of adapting a KH 120 stereo pair to the room using the patented "Guided Alignment“. Furthermore the entire stereo system can be controlled via the app.
HUNDREDS OF GOOD REASONS FROM THE NEUMANN PHILOSOPHY
The KH 120 has been developed true to the Neumann philosophy for monitor loudspeakers. Every component, every shape, every signal and every wave motion is a consequence of this philosophy. No form or component is there without reason. There are hundreds of tangible reasons built into the KH 120, which all stand for exceptionally pure and neutral sound. These include, for example, curvatures of the housing that reduce edge diffraction. Also included is the pistonic output of the bass driver which does not give rise to harmonic distortions, even with the highest sound peaks. Some of these reasons are obvious in the KH 120. Others Neumann prefers to keep to itself. But together, each can be heard – sound professionals in both large and small studios all around the world can testify to this.
In-house simulated tweeter with alloy fabric dome
- Latest modeling techniques used to minimize non-linear (harmonic and intermodulation) distortion
- Low-distortion high frequency reproduction
Elliptical Mathematically Modelled Dispersion™ (MMD™) waveguide
- Smoother off -axis response
- More forgiving of diverse acoustical environments
Wide horizontal dispersion
- Freedom of movement across the mixing console
Narrow vertical dispersion
- Reduces reflections off the mixing console
Two-color + dimmable Neumann logo
- Displays operation status and activation of the extensive protection system
- Dimmable for low lighting level conditions or behind the screen applications
In-house modelled long-throw composite sandwich cone bass driver with Extremely Linear Force Factor™ (ELFF™), magnetic shielding and flow optimized die cast basket
- Damping of break up modes brings low distortion at high sound levels
- Linear pistonic motor gives a very low harmonic distortion even at high excursions
- Reduced air noise and improved rocking modes
Robust metal grilles
- Protects against mechanical damage
Large high-capacity flow-optimized bass reflex ports with pipe resonance damping
- Fast bass transient response
- Reduced bass compression at high output levels
- No coloration from organ pipe resonance
- Easier to mount in tight spaces
Compact aluminum cabinet
- Robust package for a long life
- No standing wave resonances
- Excellent heat dissipation
One-piece front panel with no discontinuities
- Reduced diffraction and smoother frequency response
4-position bass, low-mid and treble acoustical controls
- More control in diverse acoustical environments
- Fast acoustical set up in mobile applications
- Repeatable settings after moving loudspeakers
Wide range input gain and output level controls
- Easier interfacing with signal sources
Fully documented extensive mounting hardware range
- More flexibility in more diverse locations and backwards compatible to previous products
- Easy advanced planning for installations
Display dimmer and ground lift
- For low lighting level conditions or behind the screen applications
- Reduced noise in electrically noisy environments and over-comes ground loops
Universal switched-mode power supply (100 … 240 V)
- One version works in any country and robust to poor quality mains supply
XLR electronically balanced analogue input
- Standard interfacing to professional equipment
- Reduced noise in electrically noisy environments and over-comes ground loops
Production consistency due to individual hand alignment in final testing
- Any KH 120 is “pair matched” to any other KH 120
Separate fast acting thermo limiters for woofer and tweeter to protect the voice coils and power amplifiers
- Woofer soft clip and excursion limiters
- Increases system reliability
- Allows extraction of the maximum performance
Powerful amplifiers with large headroom and overheat limiting
- Improved transient response
- Assured reliability and safety
Pro Audio Systems have teamed up with PayPal Credit to offer you interest free finance over 4 months on purchases over £99.
A 0% interest offer you can use again and again.
At Pro Audio Systems, great service is always part of the deal. If you’re lucky enough to live close enough to visit us here in Bradford then we’d love to see you in person but if you’re a bit further away we never let the distance stand in the way of us doing what we do best!
Not only do we stock a fantastic range of microphones, loudspeakers and amplifiers, we provide unrivalled customer care, advice and technical assistance to our customers. If you need some advice on any of our products or services – we’re here to help. If you need something quickly – we’re here to help. If you need hard-to-find specialist items, custom-made pieces, pointers on how to connect this to that – we’re here to help. We work really hard to be the kind of people we would like to buy from, and this level of service is often hard to find via impersonal and anonymous e:commerce sites.
One of our sales team will take personal responsibility for your order, from original contact to dispatch. They will help to spec the right equipment, process the order, where necessary place and chase orders with suppliers, and oversee the dispatch of goods. If you have a question at any time, pre or post sale, you can reach your dedicated contact who will be happy to help. We’ll also contact you by email or telephone, as many times as necessary, to ensure that you are kept informed every step of the way.
With specialists in PA Systems, Pro Audio & Live Sound equipment on hand to answer calls and emails, you're in the best possible hands. Contact us now to discuss your requirements or to request a quotation. Purchase orders can be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org