Neumann KH 310 D L G
High-resolution tri-amplified near-field monitor, optimized for midrange and a dry bass sound.
Quickest transient response of its class
Tremendous bass capability down to 34 Hz
Higher precision in the midrange through a specially designed driver
Digital input and delay (max. 400 ms)
As a stereo system with KH 750 DSP and iPad® app, controllable and alignable to the room*
EXPANDED MIDRANGE PRECISION – DRY BASS SOUND
With its specially designed midrange driver, the compact KH 310 is particularly suited for precise work with speech, vocals, guitars and other instruments that have a midrange emphasis. Its closed design enables a very fast transient response. The associated low harmonic distortion guarantees a neutral reference sound to meet the highest standards.The KH 310 is a three-way tri-amplified monitor with thermally protected Class AB amplifiers (210 W and two times 90 W). Its Mathematically Modeled Dispersion™ (MMD™) waveguide delivers sound waves into the room with superior accuracy. The drivers are modeled using Neumann’s in-house developed software, which reduces non-linear distortion in every situation. Sound distributed in a horizontally precise manner ensures flexibility in the listening position; the narrower vertical dispersion reduces the negative effects of nearby reflections – for example from a desk or mixing console. The precisely controlled dispersion characteristics optimize reproduction in different room configurations and the response is extremely adaptable through various acoustical control settings.
BEST WORKING ENVIRONMENT: CLOSE TO PROFESSIONAL EARS
The KH 310 is typically used in near-field applications such as project, music, broadcast and post-production studios for recording, mixing and mastering. It it also available as a digital input “D” version.
A SOLID BASS FOUNDATION, HIGH IMPULSE FIDELITY
With its powerful switched-mode power supply and tri-channel amplifiers, the KH 310 realizes sound pressure of up to 116.3 dB and thereby retains a high-resolution and neutral representation across the entire frequency response. This provides sufficient energy for even the most demanding impulse dynamics with no distortion or losses. The bass goes down to an impressive 34 Hz.
The closed cabinet design means a lower group delay. This results in almost the entire frequency range being reproduced at the same time; the transient response is precisely controlled at all times.
ULTRALIGHT FABRIC DOME OPTIMIZES MIDRANGE REPRODUCTION
The optimized design of the driver enables a pristine sound right down to the lowest bass regions. For most applications, the rich foundation offers enough bass extension to work cleanly on the mix without the necessity of a supplementary subwoofer. For demanding treble sounds, our own specially developed, powerful alloy fabric dome ensures distortion-free clarity in the high-frequency range.
The fabric midrange dome captures the middle frequency range with the utmost precision. Its ultralight material and the powerful neodymium magnet enable a significantly better transient response with considerably less distortion than comparable midrange domes.
DIGITAL INPUT AND DELAY
The KH 310 D enables flexible digital signal connectivity (24 bit, 192 kHz, AES3 and S/P-DIF) via a digital XLR or BNC input and buffered BNC output. Audio-visual synchronization ensures a lip sync delay of 0 to 10/12 frames. The loudspeaker can be delayed up to 400 ms, in order to compensate for varying listening distances.
THE PERFECT COMPLEMENT: THE KH 750 DSP SUBWOOFER
In addition to its outstanding acoustic characteristics this DSP-based subwoofer not only offers excellent acoustic properties, but - in combination with the Neumann.Control iPad® app - it also provides the possibility of adapting a KH 310 stereo pair* to the room using the patented "Guided Alignment“. Furthermore the entire stereo system can be controlled via the app.
HUNDREDS OF GOOD REASONS FROM THE NEUMANN PHILOSOPHY
The KH 310 has been developed true to the Neumann philosophy for monitor loudspeakers. Every component, every shape, every signal and every wave motion is a consequence of this philosophy. No form or component is there without reason. There are hundreds of tangible reasons built into the KH 310, which all stand for exceptionally pure and neutral sound. These include, for example, curvatures of the housing that reduce edge diffraction. Also included is the pistonic output of the bass driver which does not give rise to harmonic distortions, even with the highest sound peaks. Some of these reasons are obvious in the KH 310. Others Neumann prefers to keep to itself. But together, each can be heard – sound professionals in both large and small studios all around the world can testify to this.
*When using the analog inputs only.
In-house simulated tweeter with alloy fabric dome and robust metal grille
- Latest modeling techniques used to minimize non-linear (harmonic and intermodulation) distortion
- Low-distortion high frequency reproduction
- Grille protects against mechanical damage
Elliptical Mathematically Modelled Dispersion™ (MMD™) waveguide
- Smoother off -axis response
- More forgiving of diverse acoustical environments
Wide horizontal dispersion
- Freedom of movement across the mixing console
Narrow vertical dispersion
- Reduces reflections off the mixing console
Two-color + dimmable Neumann logo
- Displays operation status and activation of the extensive protection system
- Dimmable for low lighting level conditions or behind the screen applications
In-house simulated, neodymium magnet, fabric dome, midrange driver with optimized low stray magnetic field
- Dedicated driver reproduces important midrange frequencies for speech and vocals
- Latest modeling techniques used to minimize non-linear distortion
- Light-weight dome has better transient response and less breakup modes than cone designs
- High power magnet reduces harmonic and intermodulation distortion
In-house modelled long-throw composite sandwich cone bass driver with Extremely Linear Force Factor™ (ELFF™), magnetic shielding and flow optimized die cast basket
- Damping of break up modes brings low distortion at high sound levels
- Linear pistonic motor gives a very low harmonic distortion even at high excursions
- Reduced air noise and improved rocking modes
- Robust package for a long life
- No standing wave resonances
One-piece front panel with no discontinuities
- Reduced diffraction and smoother frequency response
4-position bass, low-mid and treble acoustical controls
- More control in diverse acoustical environments
- Fast acoustical set up in mobile applications
- Repeatable acoustical settings after moving loudspeakers
Wide range input gain and output level controls
- Easier interfacing with signal sources
Display dimmer and ground lift
- For low lighting level conditions or behind the screen applications
- Reduced noise in electrically noisy environments and over-comes ground loops
XLR electronically balanced analogue input with ground lift
- Standard interfacing to professional equipment
- Reduced noise in electrically noisy environments and over-comes ground loops
Universal switched-mode power supply (100 … 240 V)
- One version works in any country and robust to poor quality mains supply
Fully documented extensive mounting hardware range
- More flexibility in mounting cabinets in more diverse locations and backwards compatible to previous products
- Easy advanced planning for installations
Powerful amplifiers with large headroom and overheat limiting
- Improved transient response
- Assured reliability and safety
Separate fast acting thermo limiters for woofer, midrange and tweeter to protect the voice coils and power amplifiers
- Woofer soft clip and excursion limiters
- Increases system reliability
- Allows extraction of the maximum performance
Delay (0 … 409.5 ms)
- Lip-sync: To align audio and video up to 10 frames (40 ms frames) or 12 frames (33 ms frames)
- Time-of-flight: To compensate for listening distance differences up to 141 m (460 ft.)
- Delay can be applied to analog and digital signals
Digital XLR/BNC inputs and buffered BNC output
- For flexible and trouble-free digital interconnectivity (24 bit, 192 kHz, AES3 and S/P-DIF)
Production consistency due to individual hand alignment in final testing
- Any KH 310 is “pair matched” to any other KH 310
Optional robust metal grille
- Can be used to protect the drivers
Pro Audio Systems have teamed up with PayPal Credit to offer you interest free finance over 4 months on purchases over £99.
A 0% interest offer you can use again and again.
At Pro Audio Systems, great service is always part of the deal. If you’re lucky enough to live close enough to visit us here in Bradford then we’d love to see you in person but if you’re a bit further away we never let the distance stand in the way of us doing what we do best!
Not only do we stock a fantastic range of microphones, loudspeakers and amplifiers, we provide unrivalled customer care, advice and technical assistance to our customers. If you need some advice on any of our products or services – we’re here to help. If you need something quickly – we’re here to help. If you need hard-to-find specialist items, custom-made pieces, pointers on how to connect this to that – we’re here to help. We work really hard to be the kind of people we would like to buy from, and this level of service is often hard to find via impersonal and anonymous e:commerce sites.
One of our sales team will take personal responsibility for your order, from original contact to dispatch. They will help to spec the right equipment, process the order, where necessary place and chase orders with suppliers, and oversee the dispatch of goods. If you have a question at any time, pre or post sale, you can reach your dedicated contact who will be happy to help. We’ll also contact you by email or telephone, as many times as necessary, to ensure that you are kept informed every step of the way.
With specialists in PA Systems, Pro Audio & Live Sound equipment on hand to answer calls and emails, you're in the best possible hands. Contact us now to discuss your requirements or to request a quotation. Purchase orders can be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org